Saturday 26 September 2020

Introduction To A Future Happy Person!!!

 

Hi, guys my names Aaron Goodman, and I'm a second year Creative Digital Media student, at T.U Dublin, Blanchardstown Campus.

My first year in college, excuse me!!, University, was a year full of highs and lows. At the beginning it was a lot for me because it had been two years since I was in any class setting. I took time away from going straight to college because when I left school I had no idea what to study in college and to be honest going to college was never a goal of mine, to be honest it still isn't. I decided to go to college because I was faced with the reality of working an "unskilled job", that works you like a dog, and rewards you like one too. For about two year I was getting up at 3, 4 and 5 a.m. in the morning at the earliest to drive 45 minutes to lift and drive around suitcases, huge instruments and even surfboards for 8 to 12 hours 6 to 7 days a week, so I decided if I wanted a better life, education can give me a better one, maybe not my dream life, but a good one.

First year was a fun one, I learned that I know a lot more than I thought and that some people have no common sense and no almost nothing about everything. My favourite module from last year would had to of been a combo of both storytelling and narrative or intro to digital media, because I love making an editing video, that's mainly what I came here for, plus have the skills for good careers in web design and graphic design. For this year my goals are similar, instead of just passing my modules , I want to get C's and B's, you know, why not, let's go for a couple A's. I'm going to fast forward in the timeline and now we're in September 2020, post full lockdown, I went to the cinema for the first in 6 months, I think!!. I saw the new Bill and Ted Movie: Face The Music, it was just as funny as the 2 originals.

Moving on from what I saw in the cinema, let's talk about my career, or "life" goals. I have big dreams, I always have, my dream is to be an entertainer, from making YouTube video's, to being in movies and everything in between, evening interviewing/podcasting. I'm working towards them everyday, actively and consistently, I know dreams like that are very difficult to achieve, but I'm working hard day and day seeing small progress, I'd rather it take a bit of time then come quickly and not appreciate it. The rules say I have to include at least one picture in this thing, this "thing" feels like it's taking forever to type, might as well be writing a book, but you do that in college, don't you?? spend hours typing, writing.

Anyway here's that one picture that I have to put in otherwise this would off all been for nothing, here's a link to it, it's from my Instagram.


If you're reading this congrats on wasting you're time, you've gained nothing from reading this, good job, good luck if you're still reading, Jesus Christ stop!!!

14 comments:

  1. Hey Aaron, cool post bro, very funny, but let's be honest, you are the funny one out of our group. Got a lot of insight into what sort of areas you wanna work in and i'm down to help out with whatever if you need it. Like the writing style too, very informal, makes it much more entertaining than the other posts i'm probably gonna see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aaron, don't know if we've ever actually talked because we've never been in the same group but I'm Sean anyway! I took time after secondary school too and also worked horrible hours in the airport so I feel you there. I love how you know exactly what you want of this course and have such big goals (I still don't have a clue tbh). Hope you get those A's you're after and do well this semester! Cool instagram btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aaron, great to hear more about yourself and very cool post, great to hear you took a chance and went into college I was also unsure about going into college but it was probably the best decision I have ever made. Also is great to hear you have big goals in your life and I really hope you achieve everything you want in your life. Really good blog, very engaging and like how you wrote it in an informal setting makes it wayyyyyy more fun to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aaron! we don't really know each other but I really enjoyed this blog post :) It really gives an insight to your life! I also took time off after secondary school and worked (definitely not as bad hours aa you) but it also gave me a kick to get an education and to make some more money. I think it's sick that you're working your way up as a YouTuber! Really cool picture!! :) Hope you're keeping well!! -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aaron.Great intro it was very interesting to read about you and find few more things about your life and your interests.I think you made a great decision to go college in order to achieve success I. life and your future career.I personal decided to go college to not work in a jib that I will hate until the rest of my life.Nice intro and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aaron! I hope your summer was an eventful one. I'm really glad that you're liking college and I believe that you can get A's and B's no problem you're very talented especially what I've seen from your Youtube Content! I feel like this course is a really good opportunity to see what creativity you have piling up in your brain so you never know - Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Aaron,
    YouTube is an amazing platform to go on if you enjoy it! I used to love the idea of cresting videos to entertain people, but unfortunately I didn't enjoy recording myself. But I love cresting and editing videos of other people or places!
    I know you will get where you want with the videography/film/story telling industry as you enjoy doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Aaron, I really like your blog post, it was very interesting and funny. I am glad to see you are working hard at your video editing and that you have strong goals for this semester. It is hard being back at college this semester and finding those moments where you can relax are very far and in between. So, when you have the time, try to relax and enjoy a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Aaron, really enjoyed reading your blog :) Great to hear how passionate you are about video editing and that you enjoyed your first year in college. Although this year is very different with it being all online i hope you enjoy it just as much !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Aaron, really good post, good to see you didn’t stay in that job and that you want a better life for yourself of course college is hard but it will be worth it in the end. I have seen some of your YouTube videos and recently I seen your TikToks and I found them really funny, this is definitely the right course for you. Goodluck! - Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Aaron, how are you doing? I really enjoyed reading your introduction post, it was very funny and well written. Your blog was easy to navigate through and I like the dark colour code you have chosen! I'm happy that you decided to stop working a job you were not enjoying and seek a new challenge in studying. With all your ambition I'm sure you'll breeze through this course. All the best my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Aaron, Killian here, I really liked your introduction post, thought it was very interesting and fun, you seemed to have fun with it which is why it turned out so good. Good for you that you left that job, no point in doing something that you do not enjoy. All the best and good luck with the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Aaron, I don't know why I haven't read your introduction yet, well anyways I have now and it was as interesting as I should have expected haha. I already know most of this about you anyways, but it was still good to read it in your blog. I can completely understand the hard work factor of an unskilled job, it really isn't easy. Anyways, all the best with the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Aaron,
    It's really good to know a lot about you, I think it was a very good move not to go straight to collage after you finished school as you did not now what you wanted to do because I think there is no point of going to collage if you are not sure what you want to do and I also think taking a year or two does give people the chance to discover new things. Anyway best of luck
    -Abdi

    ReplyDelete

Reading 10-"Doing"

 "Reading week 10" For this week reading task we had to work on the e-book or digital book the entire year group is working togeth...