Sunday 15 November 2020

Prototype

 "Prototype"

The week I've been dreading for week, the time has come to design a flipping game. To start I'm using the Unity game engine to make my game, the game engine we've done all the tutorials in through out the weeks of this module.

I have started trying to make my game in Unity. I'm using some tools from the pervious tutorial folders we've downloaded since starting the tutorials back in late September. I've used a background from one as I haven't been able to find on that I'd like to use online, I've googled "3D game background sprites FREE" over and over again and can't find anything useful.

I think I'll be using assets from previous tutorials as I know that they will be compatible together when running in unity at the same time. A bonus of starting the game with assets is the game looks like a functioning game before you get to the heavy coding in visual studio.

I'm still looking for some sort of package on the Unity site for some type of ground I can use instead of a plain white one. I have a lot of work to do, but I just have to be constantly doing something so it doesn't pile up. Luckily for me the previous tutorials we've done have been what my project is supposed to e so I can watch tutorials and use code from the tutorials to help with certain actions that I want to have appear in my game. 

Image Source: My own image!!!

Watching the tutorials again helps me a lot because the coding is very hard to remember, so it's great to have them to fall back on. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 10-"Doing"

 "Reading week 10" For this week reading task we had to work on the e-book or digital book the entire year group is working togeth...