Sunday 7 March 2021

Reading 06

 







 Image Source: 7esl

This weeks reading task was not as difficult as the previous weeks as we just had to use the work form the week before and make a paragraph related to the themes from our annotated bibliographies. It was easy because last week we had to point out the themes shown in our writing and highlight them so when it was time to go back and look over them it was very clear what was what. Originally I had three themes but last week I was told to read through my work a bit more and find another one. I did just that, the first three themes were "behavior associated with playing video games", "personality traits", "cognitive ability" and the last one I found this week was "working memory". So I had four themes to write about and had to write a paragraph each with 5 sentences minimum. When writing the paragraphs I went back and fourth from my word doc and the other doc we were shown an example on so I just tried to copy the format using my own themes.


It took my a while to be fully able to take apart the example paragraph and translate to a complete different theme, which can actually be quite difficult, but in the end i got it done and was happy with how the paragraphs. I think I got my theme across well in each paragraph. I made sure to have an introduction, then I had the information in the middle, then a justification, so something from a study and lastly a conclusion which I highlighted with red at the end of each paragraph. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Aaron just got a chance to read over your selected themes based on your research, firstly I think you have a great rage of themes from "Cognitive Ability" to "Working Memory" and found it very interesting learning how they can affect players behavior's

    secondly, I think in some areas you weren't being very subjective and inputting your own views on the research findings. an example of this can be seen when you use words like "I think" or "To me this makes". this is something to look out for.

    My final conclusion is that you have a well constructed base and like Shaun infamously say you need more meat 🥩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Francis I'll take everything you said in to account to make my next reading task better

      Delete
  2. Sup Aaron I just read over the themes you have selected based on your research you also have a good variety of themes like "Behaviour Associated With Video Game Play" & "Personality Traits" and found it interesting how playing certain types of video games can give a person a false sense of reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you doing Aaron,
    Just finished reading through your work. Firstly I will say that I love the topics you have chosen to write about. I found each topic extremely interesting. I think that each paragraph you have written is well thought out and straight to the point. Is is intriguing to hear some of the more positive effects video games have on our behaviour. I am looking forward to hearing a more detailed discussion of your chosen topics. All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Reading 10-"Doing"

 "Reading week 10" For this week reading task we had to work on the e-book or digital book the entire year group is working togeth...