Saturday 21 November 2020

Unity Tutorial 07

 "Unity Tutorial 07"


When I started this weeks unity tutorials and the tutor guy, I forget his name!!, said this was considered the hardest tutorial that we had to do I just closed my laptop and walked away because I was mad, later when I went to start the tutorials, I had a accident and ended up cutting y thumb open and had to go and get my thumb all stitched up, so I had to do this weeks tutorials with one and a half functioning hands, and I cut open the thumb on my writing hand so that's great.

This weeks unity tutorials were on a sumo battle prototype, which seemed fun, I thought it would be a lot more difficult, as they said but they lied. It did take a whole lot of concentration though, so I wouldn't miss anything I was locked to that screen until I was finished. This week we learned about power ups, so basically giving the object a super power for a few seconds.

Image Source: Unity screenshot

Adding the power up and keeping track of the indicator to make sure if it was turning off was a bit difficult but when you know the codes right and it turns itself off, the anxious feeling of  "did I do it wrong" goes away. Doing this made me think about adding a power up into my game, it does suit the theme and makes sense to add one to it, I'll try and add a power up once I have my game functioning properly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 10-"Doing"

 "Reading week 10" For this week reading task we had to work on the e-book or digital book the entire year group is working togeth...