Tuesday 8 December 2020

Beta

 "Beta"

The game has finally come to an end, wo, what a ride!!!. At the beginning I was dreading this process, I thought my opinion would change, no, it hasn't. I'm so happy that this is done, anyway let's get in to the real stuff.

So from the get go, I said my game was going to be extremely basic, I wasn't going to kill myself trying to make this because I have no interest in making games, not yet anyway. I spent ages trying to add extras to my game this week, and after hours and no results, I said no, and said "I'm done", and closed my laptop and went and ate a whole share size bag of Doritos chili heatwave, that made me feel amazing, for ten minutes and after I felt terrible.

But in my opinion I reached my target, depending on the person, goals and targets range in levels, my game is basic, I just wanted to make a game that works, let alone looks good, you can't always get the best of both worlds!! My game is what I said it was going to be, a game where you run and jump over obstacles and if you hit one, you die.



Image Source: Unity Screenshot

A lot of things went wrong during the game creation process, as would happen with anything, but a lot of things went right and that meant me crying less to myself in my room wanting to smash my laptop against my wall and say screw this, "I never wanted to make a game anyway", but I worked through a lot of the wrongs, the game is very basic, other students games are way better made than mine and I'm ok with that. I'm still very confused when reading code, and not understanding what code goes where and why it doesn't work, so Shaun if you've read this far, NO GAME DEVELOPMENT IN SEMESTER 2!!!! please and thank you. I met the targets I set myself weekly, so that made this process more easy, seeing that progress, week by week makes you want to quit less. 

But in all seriousness I've learned a lot this semester and I learned a lot about things I thought I'd never learn anything about so, anything seems possible right about no, I wouldn't count anything out. Thanks for reading have a good one, comment only nice things on my blogs otherwise you will be reported for cyberbullying me online, that's serious you can get in real trouble so, just think before you type, thanks.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Aaron, really great blog you got here, progress for the beta has come a long way. Also really great to hear that you are satisfied with the progress you have made in the entire project. It is also good to see that you didn't set your expectations for your game too high, because sometimes people loose the run of themselves before the get go and want to create this amazing game, but unfortunately are disappointed in the end because they didn't reach their goals. Sad to hear that you didn't really like making the game that much, personally I thought it was a lot of fun, but each to themselves and I hope you found some other module to be better suited for yourself. Anyways great blog and good progress this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aaron! I'm just as excited as you because the module is basically finished. I'm writing my last project comment and then I'm done for the semester which is such a big weight lifted off my shoulder. You game looks great so far and who cares if it's basic it still works! I was wondering if you implemented any music in your game or jump sound effects or anything? Other than that your game looks fantastic and you had the opportunity to look back on the previous unity tutorial to help you! Do you have a variation of obstacles or is it the same? Anyway good luck with the rest of the semester! - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aaron! I don't think you will be the only one who is excited to finish using Unity, it seems like a lot of people struggled! I just looked through your blog and it seems like you have done loads for this module so I wouldn't be too worried about your final game being basic, mine is pretty basic too but at least they're working! I loved reading this blog post and enjoyed how your humour comes through in your writing, it makes it so much easier to read. Good luck with the making of your video and hope the rest of the modules go well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Aaron! I don't think your the only one excited to be basically finished! It does feel like a-lot of people have struggled with unity but we all got there in the end! Your game looks great so far well done. You can tell you put a-lot of effort into it. Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Reading 10-"Doing"

 "Reading week 10" For this week reading task we had to work on the e-book or digital book the entire year group is working togeth...