Thursday 4 February 2021

Writing Planning(5 DOMAINS OF PLAY)

 Planning for Writing:

For the first week of the semester we made a group google doc and we brainstormed our ideas for topics/themes that we would be interested in writing for each individual part of the end of semester book. Today we finalized the topics we were going to be writing about. My original topic of choice was simulation games including V.R & A.R. It was suggested that it might be hard to find the quality of papers on these topics for the amount of information expected so this morning during the lecture I changed mine to the "5 domains of play", and after a quick search there was a lot of articles and papers written about it so I went with that.

We met with a librarian from college today and we were shown how to use the college websites to access books and eBooks for research. We were also shown how to use the college network to use RefWorks to use to source information we need to write bibliographies. We also learned how to use keywords to find what we need and how to narrow the search results down by adding "inverted commas" after we were shown how to use google scholar to find reliable information for our topics. 

Images source: My google doc
After looking at the provided review matrix, I found it difficult to wrap head around, so I think I'll mainly use refworks for my research but I might go back and fourth between a self made matrix I'll make on excel. I'm confident that I'll find enough research to write my part of the chapter in the book, since there no word count I'm not as worried because I won't have to spend ages trying to stretch out the information I have, which I think can decrease the value of work done.

Here's some links of interest for my topic I found helpful.
Link 1: 

https://ubm-twvideo01.s3.amazonaws.com/o1/vault/gdc2012/slides/Design%20Track/VandenBerghe_Jason_The_5_Domains.pdf


Link 2: https://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=2168935

Link 3: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200142/Mapping_the_lessons_of_psychology_to_game_design.php


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 10-"Doing"

 "Reading week 10" For this week reading task we had to work on the e-book or digital book the entire year group is working togeth...