Tuesday 24 November 2020

Review Week Comments and Feedback

 "Review of Feedback"


Feedback In:

Firstly I think giving feedback can be stressful mainly because you want to help the person, but at the same time your afraid that person might take offense, I think the other students in the year understand that so when their giving you feedback on your introduction blog or a post about your game, they'd be two different types of feedback but put across in a nice way, whether it's about your cat or your game progress.

The feedback I've gotten has been great, straight to the point, but as I said not in a rude way. I think if you try to jump around the idea of telling the person that they did something wrong or they could do something else your going to ruin that persons progress, so telling the truth, in a nice way, put to the point is the best way to do so. Everyone who's commented feedback on any of my game posts have all been honest, constructive and phrased nicely.

Image Source: Flickr


Feedback Out:

On the other side, I think the feedback I give, is the feedback I get or I'd expect to get on my blog posts. Both very helpful, to the point and constructive advice not just saying "you shouldn't have done that, do this", that's just crap feedback. Through out this module we've been given two main different methods for feedback. The first being the "WWW" feedback method, which stands for Wow-Wonder-What if. So what you would to is start of the feedback with a complement, that being "Wow", then moving on to the " I Wonder", being, I wonder if yo could explain that a bit better, not sure what you mean. The last "W", is What if, than making a suggestion.

The second method for delivering helpful feedback is the "T.A.G" method, meaning "Tell, Ask and Give", start off by telling the person about something you liked or made a big impression on you. "Ask", there are all kinds of questions you can ask about a game, you could ask about something you found interesting or confusing. The last part of the process is "Give", you can give the writer certain suggestions for them to do, or look into applying to their game. or you can share some knowledge you have relative to their game idea.

I think commenting on peoples blog posts is fun and you can read other peoples opinions on the same topic and see if others have similar ideas or opinions, but from doing them I didn't really get a sense of "getting to know people", I think reading the odd blog is far from figuring out more about a person, I found out a few hobbies and past times but I couldn't match a hobby to a face.

I think to make the feedback more effective is to be honest and helpful without being to mean r belittling to the persons work, there's a difference between not sugar-coating your feedback and being an asshole. Just following those two different feedback methods will give the people the best feedback if you practice doing it correctly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 10-"Doing"

 "Reading week 10" For this week reading task we had to work on the e-book or digital book the entire year group is working togeth...