Tuesday 24 November 2020

Week 9 Reading and Writing

"Review Week"

Looking Back:

When we started this module and I saw that each week we would have to read articles, I wasn't really up for it, I thought all the readings would be about things I found boring, like academic studies or game theory, which was all boring and horrible for me to read at the time. Now that we've gone through eight weeks of this module, what was boring to me then, is not anymore. Just like anything else, there's some readings I enjoy more than others, but then, there's more than I hate than anything else!!.

Right before we started the college year I got into reading mental well being books, or books that are about training your mind, or how to develop different mindsets, books that I really enjoy. As we started the reading tasks, there were a few that I hated, but then we got told that we'd being doing readings on mindsets, that got me excited to do these tasks, because I never thought that's the kind of reading we'd be doing, it never crossed my mind.

From then on I got excited to do the reading tasks because there we a lot of options to choose from, and a lot of great ones. My favourite reading we've done to date would have to be the growth mindset reading task, and it was the second reading of the whole semester, I think that's what got me excited about this module without those readings I would have lost interest at the beginning.



Image Source: wikimedia

This is the first image from the reading tasks about a growth and fixed mindset reading we did in week 2, the time has gone so fast I can't believe it. Hopefully the remaining weeks don't go by too fast, got work to do!!.

Looking Forward:

Looking forward, something I want to make sure I continue to do is, simply read more. I used to hate reading but the more I read, the more enjoyable it becomes and I think the more you read you can concentrate on doing tasks more, and that helps get work done quicker, which is something that I like so I have more time to do things that don't relate to college.

Since the start of this module, thanks to all the reading and typing and reading more and more articles than I ever thought I would I've started to start writing down how my day's are going or what my daily goals are, some of the readings said it's a good way to reflect so I started doing that. Which is something I enjoy doing, it's not like these blog posts where I have to mentally prepare myself for about 20 minutes before I start.

Overall I think doing all the reading tasks each week has helped me with my other modules this year, not directly or helped with one more than the other, it just makes reading easier so things get done quicker and you understand more. Reading just has positive effects on other things, don't really know how to describe it perfectly, but, it just does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 10-"Doing"

 "Reading week 10" For this week reading task we had to work on the e-book or digital book the entire year group is working togeth...