Saturday 6 February 2021

Unity Tutorial 1(Semester 2)

 "2D Tutorial 1"

This was the first time using unity since semester 1, and I can tell you I wasn't looking forward to it but I wanted to get ahead so I bit the bullet and just started, and it wasn't that bad. After starting this semesters unity tutorials I noticed there were some slight differences between this semester and last semesters tutorials. The first difference was that were are developing a 2D project instead of a 3D game, and the second difference was there was no in-depth video tutorials as there was last semester. 

Some things I found enjoyable was that I didn't find it too difficult, and it got me thinking that from completing this last semester I might get through these tutorials a bit quicker and with less meltdowns. It had me making and placing different images and tiles into folders and I just found it hard to keep up with, I think video would be good in those circumstances, just to be more clear.

I'm really looking forward to getting all these tutorials done because I know we will have a lot of work this semester and getting these weekly tutorials done will give me a lot times to work on other modules and this modules' reading and writing tasks are going to be difficult too.


Image source: Unity Screenshot
I guess there's one positive to take away from this first tutorial is that now I know a lot about tilemaps, and sprite renderers, so I can take these skills out into the real world.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 10-"Doing"

 "Reading week 10" For this week reading task we had to work on the e-book or digital book the entire year group is working togeth...