Saturday 6 March 2021

Unity Tutorial 05

 "Unity Tutorial 05"

In this weeks unity tutorials we were working on cinemachine and particles , I found this weeks tutorials very difficult because things weren't working like they were in the tutorial and there's nothing to tell you what to do then, you have to spend time figuring out what's wrong and that's easy if you understand all the code how how they interact with each other but I don't. It was all about the camera work and making sure the camera follows Ruby around the map when she moves, I was having a lot of trouble with the camera confiner and after adding the polygon collider it wasn't the same shape as the tutorials and it kept adding an extra element and I had to keep taking it away it took ages to fix it but I finally got it done after I don't know how many goes, for some reason the shape I needed appeared so I went with it.



Image source: Unity Screenshot

Well, the first section was difficult but the second one was called particles which was a lot adding effects to the robots on the map. We had to make a smoke effect prefab and add it to the robot so smoke would be coming from it's head during the game, but before that we had to got the the particle system and change a lot of settings such as the colour, size and distance of the smoke.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 10-"Doing"

 "Reading week 10" For this week reading task we had to work on the e-book or digital book the entire year group is working togeth...