Saturday 6 March 2021

Unity Tutorial 06

 "Unity Tutorial 06"

In this weeks unity tutorials I was in the zone trying to get them done but I ran into some major bumps that held me in a spot for a while, when I was trying to add the public image mask to the health bar script it just wasn't working and I couldn't figure out why so I went back a few steps and read everything again, and again, and I still couldn't figure out why so then I decided to delete the last few steps and do it again and read it really, really carefully and still, nothing. Eventually after reading after that step it mentions in a paragraph that if it comes up in the unity editor that this is wrong replace it with this, I did and that worked and I finally saw hope to get this done.


Image Source: Unity screenshot

That part was called user interface and head up display, the second unit of work to do in unity this week was was dialog raycast. In that section of the tutorials we had to add another character to the scene called Jambi the frog, what a stupid name for a frog, "Jambi" anyway, we then had to add a text box above him saying something so when Ruby would walk up to the frog the text box would appear over the frogs head.  That took me a while to figure out the anchors again but after a few minutes I remembered how from the previous section.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading 10-"Doing"

 "Reading week 10" For this week reading task we had to work on the e-book or digital book the entire year group is working togeth...